“Cooking with kids is not just about ingredients recipes and cooking. It’s about harnessing imagination, creativity, and empowerment” said Guy Fieri. The kitchen can be a fascinating place for young kids. Inviting kids in the kitchen to help you cook is a great way to create quality together time and help your child learn and refine some basic skills. Here is the list of 3 smokeless cooking recipes for kids for having fun and staying safe while you’re cooking with kids.
3 Smokeless Cooking Recipes:
1. Pineapple biscuit cake:
- 12 nice biscuit
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cream (chilled)
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 small can (450 grams) pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup grated chocolate
- First take a bowl and mix cream and sugar. Whisk till thick and refrigerate.
- Take pineapple syrup in a bowl and dip 4 biscuits in it and place on a serving dish in the form of a rectangle.
- Spread the cream on it and top with pineapple pieces.
- Make 3 more layers in the same way and top with all the remaining cream.
- Decorate with grated chocolate and refrigerate overnight.
2. Caterpillar sandwiches:
- 2 loaves white bread, sliced vertically (you will need 12 slices)
- 6 slices cheese
- 6 slices tomato plus a little tomato
- 1 green onion stalk (or you can also use celery)
You will also need: toothpicks
- Lay 2 slices of bread out on a cutting board. Butter both pieces. Place cheese slice on one slice, then cover with the other buttered slice. Repeat to make a cheese sandwich and then a tomato one.
- Cut out 5 circles from each sandwich using a mini cookie cutter.
- Place the tomato as head, and cut two small ovals of cheese as eyes. Cut two long strands from the onion stalk to act as the caterpillar’s feelers, and fix onto the tomato using toothpicks.
- Place the sandwiches in a wiggly way to form the body of the caterpillar. Glue them using butter and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Nutella mousse:
- 2 cups (500ml) pouring cream
- 1 cup Nutella
- Strawberry slices
- Take cream and beat it until it is light and fluffy
- Then add Nutella and continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with strawberry slices. Refrigerate overnight.
What are you still waiting for, try out these simple recipes with your little chefs and have a fun time cooking?
Research has proven that 93% people perform better when given one-on-one coaching. Qriyo is India’s first managed home tuition app. Looking for a home tutor for smokeless cooking? Call a Qriyo Cooking Guru at your doorstep. Download Qriyo App & book your first class today.