EVS course curriculum for Grade IX for home tuitions has been introduced keeping the NCERT and CBSE syllabus in mind. The EVS home tutors teach it while going along with the school syllabus. Tentative session wise EVS course curriculum for class IX is as following:
- Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management; use of fertilizers, manures; protection from pests and diseases; organic farming.
- Definition of matter; solid, liquid and gas; characteristics - shape, volume, density; change of state-melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (Cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation.
- Nature of matter : Elements, compounds and mixtures. Heterogenous and homogenous mixtures, colloids and suspensions.
- Particle nature, basic units : atoms and molecules. Law of constant proportions. Atomic and molecular masses.
- Mole Concept: Relationship of mole to mass of the particles and numbers. Valency. Chemical formula of common compounds.
- Structure of atom: Electrons, protons and neutrons; Isotopes and isobars.
- BiologicalDiversity : Diversity of plants and animals - basic issues in scientific naming, basis of classification. Hierarchy of categories / groups, Major groups of plants (salient features) (Bacteria, Thalophyta, Bryo phyta, Pteridophyta, gymnosperms and Angiosperms). Major groups of animals (salient features)
- Cell- Basic Unit of life : Cell as a basic unit of life; prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, multicellular organisms; cell membrane and cell wall, cell organelles; chloroplast, mitochondria, vacuoles, ER, golgi apparatus; nucleus, chromosomes - basic structure, number. Tissues, organs, organ systems, organism. Structure and functions of animal and plant tissues (four types in animals; merismatic and permanent tissues in plants).
- Motion: displacement, velocity; uniform and non-uniform motion along a straight line; acceleration, distance - time and velocity-time graphs for uniform and uniformly accelerated motion
- Force and Newton's laws: Force and motion, Newton's laws of motion, inertia of a body, inertia and mass, momentum, force and acceleration.
- Gravitation: Gravitation; universal law of gravitation, force of gravitation of the earth (gravity), acceleration due to gravity; mass and weight; free fall.
- Work, Energy and Power
- Floatation: Thrust and pressure. Archimedes' principle, buoyancy, elementary idea of relative density.
- Sound: Nature of sound and its propagation in various media, speed of sound, range of hearing in humans
- Structure of the human ear (auditory aspect only).
- Physical resources: Air, Water, Soil. Air for respiration, for combustion, for moderating temperatures, movements of air and its role in bringing rains across India.
- Air, water and soil pollution ( brief introduction). Holes in ozone layer and the probable damages.
- Bio-geo-chemical cycles in nature: water, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen
Tutor for You
Guaranteed Refund within