- Jazz and its history.
- How to warm up before performing Jazz.
- Basic steps, hand postures, hand and foot movement.
- Basic Jazz, Square Straddle, Jump Leg Hold, Layout, Hip Isolation, Rib Cage Isolation.
- Learn to catch the beat and dance to it.
- Learn how to integrate things learned to do Jazz.
- Learning mentality and lots of patience.
- An environment that supports learning.
- Good open space so as to move freely while dancing.
- Good music system, music and dance go hand in hand.
- Special Jazz music.
- When dressing for a jazz dance class, think about wearing clothing that allows you to move.