OverviewBharata Natyam is a form of Indian classical dance that originated in the temples of Tamil Nadu. Bharata Natyam is known for its grace, elegance, purity, tenderness, expression and sculpturesque poses. Learn it with the special Qriyo course and do the bharatnatyam.
- Introducing bharatnatyam.
- Special warm up exercises for bharatnatyam.
- Basic postures, hand and foot movement.
- Several fundamental footsteps (adavus), eye, neck movements, and hand gestures (hasta mudras).
- Navrasaas: The Nine Moods.
- Understanding different beats and how to dance to it.
- Bringing everything together to do bharatnatyam.
- Use proper Bharatnatyam clothing or attire that should not limit bharatnatyam movements.
- Open space to move freely while dancing.
- Good music system.
- Special Bharatnatyam music.