EVS course curriculum for Grade X for home tuitions has been introduced keeping the NCERT and CBSE syllabus in mind. The EVS home tutors teach it while going along with the school syllabus. Tentative session wise EVS course curriculum for class X is as following:
- Acids, bases and salts: General properties, examples and uses.
- Chemical reactions: Types of chemical reactions: combination, decomposition, displacement, doubles displacement, precipitation, neutralization, oxidation and reduction in terms of gain and loss of oxygen and hydrogen.
- Metals and non metals: Brief discussion of basic metallurgical processes. Properties of common metals. Elementary idea about bonding.
- Carbon Compounds: Carbon compounds, elementary idea about bonding. Saturated hydrocarbons, alcohols, carboxylic acids (no preparation, only properties).
- Some Important chemical compounds: Soap-cleansing action of soap.
- Periodic classification of elements: Gradations in properties: Mendeleev periodic table.
- Our environment: Environmental problems, their solutions. Biodegradable, non biodegradable, ozone depletion.
- Life Processes: "living" things; Basic concept of nutrition, respiration, transport and excretion in plants and animals.
- Control and Co-ordination in plants and animals: Tropic movements in plants; Introduction to plant hormones; control and co-ordination in animals: voluntary, involuntary and reflex action, nervous system; chemical co-ordination: animal hormones.
- Reproduction: Reproduction in plants and animals. Need for and methods of family planning. Safe sex vs. HIV/AIDS. Child bearing and women's health.
- Heredity and evolution: Heredity; Origin of life: brief introduction; Basic concepts of evolution.
- Potential, Potential difference, Ohm's law; Series combination of resistors, parallel combination of resistors; Power dissipation due to current; Inter relation between P, V, I and R.
- Magnets: Magnetic field, field lines, field due to a current carrying wire, field due to current carrying coil or solenoid; Force on current carrying conductor, Fleming's left hand rule. Electromagnetic induction. Induced potential difference, Induced current. Direct current. Alternating current; frequency of AC. Advantage of AC over DC. Domestic electric circuits.
- Convergence and divergence of light. Images formed by a concave mirror; related concepts; centre of curvature; principal axis. Optic centre, focus, focal length. Refraction; laws of refraction. Image formed by a convex lens; functioning of a lens in human eye; problems of vision and remedies. Applications of spherical mirrors and lenses. Appreciations of concept of refraction; velocity of light; refractive index; twinkling of stars; dispersion of light. Scattering of light.
- Conservation of natural resources: Management of natural resources. Conservation and judicious use of natural resources. Forest and wild life, coal and petroleum conservation. People's participation. Chipko movement. Legal perspectives in conservation and international scenario. The Regional environment: Big dams: advantages and limitations; alternatives if any. Water harvesting. Sustainability of natural resources. Sources of energy: Different forms of energy, leading to different sources for human use: fossil fuels, solar energy; biogas; wind, water and tidal energy; nuclear energy. Renewable versus non - renewable sources.
Tutor for You
Guaranteed Refund within